With the holiday season upon us, we have parties, shopping, cooking, cleaning, decorating, wrapping and shipping to contend with, with a sprinkling of bad weather to keep things interesting..... While the holidays can be a magical, wonderful time of year, when we re-connect with family, friends and our inner child (after all, who DOESN'T like a few new toys?).... they can also be extremely stressful. Added to this stress can be feelings of sadness or loss for friends and family we have lost. Here are some quick tips to manage stress...and a few online resources where you can read more...
1. Start early, don't procrastinate.
2. Enlist help, don't try to do it all yourself.
3. Honor traditions to honor those who are not with us, or create some new ones!
4. Be sure to get enough sleep.
5. Exercise for stress and anxiety relief.
6. Everything in moderation...while we love to Eat, Drink and Be Merry, this can take it's toll.
Remember that giving back can be a great way to increase your positive feelings, so donate your time to a good cause! If you or someone you love is struggling this holiday season, ASK A PSYCHOLOGIST for help!
Saturday, December 4, 2010
Like this blog? Check out some of my others...
- ► 2012 (7)
- ► 2011 (12)
- ▼ 2010 (26)